AAFP Takes SGR Message to Capitol Hill
After spending a week at the AMA Interim Meeting in National Harbor, Md., AAFP leaders met with members of Congress and congressional staff Nov. 19-20 in Washington to discuss the repeal and replacement of the sustainable growth rate (SGR) formula and other issues of importance to family medicine. AAFP President Reid Blackwelder, M.D., offers an update on the Academy's advocacy efforts in the video below.
Reid Blackwelder, M.D., is President of the AAFP.
Want to use this article elsewhere? Get Permissions
Search This Blog
Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications when the blog is updated.
- More Than Meets the Eye: Value of Small Practices Shouldn't Be Ignored
- When It Comes to Mentoring, Both Giving and Receiving Are Important
- On Air: AAFP President Engages With Students in Online Forum
- Walk the Talk: Students, Residents Step Up to Support AAFP Advocacy Efforts
- Reality Check: Residents Aren't Prepared to Deal With Patients' Financial, Coverage Limits