Taking Family Medicine's Message to Washington
Barring congressional action, physicians face a 27 percent reduction in the Medicare payment rate on Jan. 1. Additionally, the Budget Control Act's sequestration provision would cut the Medicare payment rate by 2 percent on Jan. 2.
AAFP President Jeff Cain, M.D., Board Chair Glen Stream, M.D., M.B.I.; President-elect Reid Blackwelder, M.D.; and Academy staff met with White House staff, congressional staff, representatives of federal agencies and other stakeholders Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in Washington to discuss this looming crisis and other issues vital to family medicine.
Dr. Cain has more details in the video below.
For more information about how you can help, log on to www.aafp.org/grassroots.
Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications when the blog is updated.
- Medical Students, We're Only Looking for the Best
- Practice Perspective: Patient Stories Get Attention of Media, Policymakers
- Building Relationships at Core of Family Medicine, Leadership
- Royal Pain: Team's Chickenpox Incident Offers Lesson for Patients
- In an Emergency, Family Physicians Have it Covered
Our other AAFP News blog
Fresh Perspectives - New Docs in Practice