Taking Family Medicine's Message to Washington
Barring congressional action, physicians face a 27 percent reduction in the Medicare payment rate on Jan. 1. Additionally, the Budget Control Act's sequestration provision would cut the Medicare payment rate by 2 percent on Jan. 2.
AAFP President Jeff Cain, M.D., Board Chair Glen Stream, M.D., M.B.I.; President-elect Reid Blackwelder, M.D.; and Academy staff met with White House staff, congressional staff, representatives of federal agencies and other stakeholders Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in Washington to discuss this looming crisis and other issues vital to family medicine.
Dr. Cain has more details in the video below.
For more information about how you can help, log on to www.aafp.org/grassroots.
Search This Blog
Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications when the blog is updated.
- Mismatch: Why the Disconnect Between Student Interest and Student Choice?
- FP Recommendation Key to Boosting Colorectal Cancer Screening Rates
- The Envelope, Please: Waiting for Match Results
- On the Hill: Academy Promoting Family Medicine's Perspective
- The Folly of Judging Physicians Based on Patients' Foibles
Our other AAFP News blog
Fresh Perspectives - New Docs in Practice