The 2011 Medicare physician fee schedule is here
An initial review shows positive news with respect to the primary care bonus that is effective in 2011. CMS apparently responded positively to comments from the American Academy of Family Physicians and others to change the primary care incentive payment implementation rules to make it more inclusive. As a result, CMS estimates that, under the new, less restrictive rules, about 80 percent of family physicians will qualify for the bonus.
On the downside, the final rule with comment period announces a reduction to payment rates for physicians' services in 2011 under the sustainable growth rate (
The final rule will appear in the Federal Register on Nov. 29, 2010, and CMS will accept comments on certain aspects of it until Jan. 2, 2011.
Want to use this article elsewhere? Get Permissions
Current Issue of FPM
Recent Blog Entries
- Physicians, groups to get breather on PQRS penalties
- Medicare’s Quality Payment Program is coming; two opportunities to get ready
- 2015 quality data now available on Physician Compare website
- Changes to renewing DEA registration for physicians
- University of Colorado clinic wins 2016 FPM Award for Practice Improvement
Search This Blog